PROBAD is the standard solution for code-based strength calculations of pressure parts. PROBAD is successfully used for years worldwide by leading companies of the boilers and vessels industry, in plant design and in piping construction.
The latest status of standards in PROBAD and a continuously technical development is guaranteed by PROBAD maintenance agreements.
PROBAD offers solutions for the effective use of calculation modules in accordance with the standards:
- AD 2000-sheets, TRD-sheets
- EN 12952, EN 13480, EN 13445, EN 1591
- ASME Sect. I., ASME Sect. VIII./1, ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3
- WRC 107, WRC 297
The main factors some highlights of the PROBAD calculation modules:
- PROBAD is of modular design; this enables licensing individual modules in relation to the company needs (see available PROBAD solutions).
- PROBAD allows not only re-checking defined component dimensions, but also designing or optimizing components.
- The comprehensive component databases of PROBAD include additional norms and standards regarding dimensions, wall thickness´, tolerances etc.
- Material databases containing EN, DIN and ASME materials are supporting the calculation modules.
- The values can be edited or modified individually by the user.
- Standard-safety factors of the calculation rules are stored and can be modified in accordance with the projects requirements.
- For all PROBAD modules screen inputs and print outputs are currently available in German and English. The dialog system provides convenient help screens, either as text or graphic.
- PROBAD is continuously subject to technical changes and novelties as also for monitoring systems etc.
- Based on the various maintenance agreements, SIGMA GmbH is obliged to keep the solutions up to date by annual releases, so the PROBAD modules are always following the actual codes/standards.
- For PROBAD licensees with maintenance contract a hotline is available.
PROBAD system requirements
The system requirements of all PROBAD program versions are as following:
System requirements of single user licenses and PC-workstations in the network
- PC with min. 4 GB RAM, 8 GB RAM recommended
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- Screen resolution minimum 1280 x 720 pixels 1920 x 1080 pixels recommended
- PDF Reader, Adobe Reader recommended
- USB port (not required in case of a SL license)
- Connection via Internet for activation of the program license *) and program updates
- .NET Framework 4.8
*) Activation by phone/email or internet
System requirements network server
In addition to the requirements for single user licenses:
- Installation of the HASP license manager on a Server PC accessible by all users in the network
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2/2016/2019 (64-bit)
In case of integrating ROHR2 into company-wide or countrywide networks (WAN) please contact us.
Scope of delivery and license key
The programs´ scope of delivery contains
- the program data (by download including online manual)
- a license key (USB dongle or Software License key)
The software does not run without the license key. New releases are unlocked by actualization of the license key.
The program license is available as perpetual single user license or network license basing on the license conditions.
- Single user license installation or
- Network license server installation